About The Foundation
The Sara Giles Moore Foundation was established in 1997 by Sara Moore to ensure the continuation of her generous commitment to the metro Atlanta community. Mrs. Moore had a long history of supporting the visual arts, cultural organizations, healthcare, and numerous projects that enhanced the community's quality of life. Through the Foundation's work, her generosity continues to impact metro Atlanta.
Focus Areas of GrantsWhen Mrs. Moore started the Foundation, one of her wishes was that preference is given to organizations operating in metro Atlanta, primarily within the City of Atlanta. Foundation grants are awarded to nonprofit organizations serving the following five areas of interest:
- Arts Fostering a love and knowledge of arts and culture
- Education Enhancing educational and other opportunities for children
- Bettering Lives Providing food, shelter, counseling and job training with the goal of helping people achieve self-sufficiency
- Healthcare Promoting the health and well-being of the community
- Beautification and Preservation Beautifying and preserving the character of Atlanta and its historically significant structures